Whether you’re looking to get into Bitcoin investing or you want to learn from experienced traders, eToro is a great way to diversify your investments and expand your knowledge. As a social crypto trading platform, eToro allows investors to copy trades made by other top traders on the platform.
eToro sign up bonus offers a $30 reward to new users when they open an account and deposit minimum $100. eToro $500 bonus available if you buy $5000 crypto in eToro.
The platform offers more than a dozen cryptocurrencies. eToro has a unique social trading feature that allows you to copy other investors’ trades. Furthermore, unlike most of its competitors, eToro has a straightforward pricing structure that investors and traders find appealing.
What is Etoro?
eToro is a cryptocurrency exchange platform that allows users to buy, sell, and trade supported cryptocurrency. It is an international brokerage platform available to users in more than 140 countries, including the United States. Although traders outside of the United States have access to a wide range of assets, including stocks, ETFs, commodities, foreign currencies (FX), and indices, traders in the United States can use eToro exclusively for cryptocurrency trading.
You can buy and sell more than a dozen cryptocurrencies, also known as digital coins, with an eToro account, in an online brokerage account.
The company was founded in 2007 with offices in Cyprus and London. It has a main office in Hoboken, New Jersey, just outside of New York City, as well as offices in Shanghai, Sydney, and Tel Aviv.
How does eToro work?
eToro is purely a cryptocurrency exchange platform. To use the platform, users deposit fiat currency, such as U.S. dollars, into their accounts (or transfer other cryptocurrencies into their accounts). Alternatively, users can deposit funds via wire transfer or link their bank account for seamless transfers. U.S. dollars can be withdrawn directly from the user’s bank account.
eToro users can easily trade cryptocurrency on its web-based platform or use its easy-to-use mobile app once their accounts have been established. eToro’s CopyTrader feature lets you copy the trades of one of the investors in eToro’s Popular Investor program if you don’t know what to buy.
In case you don’t want to invest your hard-earned money into cryptocurrency trading right away, eToro is a great place to learn about it. A demo account at eToro comes with $100,000 in a “virtual portfolio.” This allows you to experience cryptocurrency investing and trading without taking any risks.
eToro Sign Up bonus $30 Reward
Etoro is offering a $10 sign-up bonus to their new users. To receive a $10 cash bonus, you have to open an eToro account and deposit at least $100.
How To Get a $10 Cash Bonus
- Open an eToro account.
- Register and verify your account within 30 days of opening your account.
- Link your bank account and deposit at least $100 into your eToro account.
- Within 30 days of registering, trade one or more crypto for a combined total of at least $100.
- You will receive a $10 cash bonus deposited into your eToro account within seven business days.
eToro $50 referral bonus
Etoro is currently offering a $50 referral bonus to its users. To qualify for the $50 bonus, your referral must open an eToro account, deposit at least $100, and complete one or more cryptocurrency trades for a combined total of at least $100 within three days of registering. After these steps are completed, the $50 referral bonus will be deposited into your eToro account within seven business days.
How to get it?
- Log into your eToro account.
- Copy your referral link or click on one of the share buttons.
- Send your referral link to your family and friends.
- Once your referral deposits at least $100 into their account.
- And complete one or more crypto trades for a combined total of at least $100 within three days of registration; you “ll both receive a $50 cash bonus.
Terms & Conditions: You can refer a maximum of 10 people for the referral bonus.
EToro has noteworthy features every investor and trader should get familiar with. Here’s a look at what it has to offer.
- Buy, sell and hold 50+ cryptocurrencies – You can turn your USD into BTC, ETH, LTC, EOS, and other popular cryptocurrencies.
- Follow other members — If you have a friend or a favorite trader on the platform, you can see their trades, monitor their portfolio, and decide if you want to follow them.
- CopyTrader — You can copy another eToro member’s trades in real-time by turning on CopyTrader. Following top traders is an interesting prospect, though semi-automated trading strategies come with their own set of risks.
- Desktop and mobile trading — You can manage your cryptos from your favorite easy chair, desk, breakroom, or literally anywhere you have an internet connection. Both web-based and mobile trading allows you to monitor your holdings and place trades at any time.
- Low fees and no commissions – At eToro, there are no specific per-trade fees and no recurring fees.
- Virtual portfolios —You get a virtual account with $100,000 paper dollars when you open a new account. You can use the account to test a strategy without any risk.
- Advanced charting — Take advantage of advanced charting capabilities to put a technical analysis strategy to work without leaving the platform.
Etoro pricing & fees
In the past, eToro used spread-based pricing. The spread would range from 0.75% to 5%, depending on the coin traded. But now, Thankfully, eToro has switched to a more objective fee model. It charges 1% on all buy and sell orders. That’s quite a bit higher than some of the lowest-cost exchanges like Binance and Kraken. But at least eToro is being clear and upfront about the cut that it’s taking.
U.S. users don’t pay withdrawal fees, but international users are charged a fee of $5. eToro Wallet users are also charged a 0.1% crypto-to-crypto conversion fee.
Etoro Pros and Cons
- Multiple asset types – Trade crypto, stocks, and ETFs all from the same place.
- Social aspect – Learn from other traders using multiple social features.
- Easy to use – Simple and easy-to-use web and mobile platforms.
- The trade fee for crypto is on the high side – Crypto traders always pay a 1% fee regardless of their monthly trade volume.
- No crypto interest accounts – While eToro supports staking (for Cardano and Tron), it does not currently allow users to lend out their crypto to earn interest.
Who Is EToro best For?
Etoro is an excellent platform for cryptocurrency traders interested in learning more about the world of crypto. The platform provides an easy-to-use user interface, and you have the option of copying other users’ trades if you don’t wish to rely solely on your research. Additionally, the platform is suitable for traders who want to diversify their investment portfolio because eToro offers various currencies and will soon add new assets to the platform.
Is Etoro legit?
eToro is a legit company. It comes from an international company that supports millions of traders worldwide. The U.S. arm is registered under eToro USA LLC, with its main office in Hoboken, New Jersey, just outside New York City. Internationally, the company is also registered in Cyprus and Australia.
However, because it isn’t a traditional bank or brokerage, its funds aren’t SIPC or FDIC protected. Also, keep in mind that trading cryptocurrencies can be very risky because it is a highly volatile market.
Is Etoro safe?
eToro is an established online trading company that offers a secure, regulated platform for crypto trading and has been storing investor funds for over a decade.
To reduce the chance of funds being lost due to a hack or an operational error, most user funds are stored in cold storage on eToroX. With leading cybersecurity firm GK8, the exchange deploys a cold storage Custody as a Service (CaaS) solution.
As an additional layer of security, eToro encourages users to set up two-factor authentication (2FA) and hold user funds in cold storage. However, enabling 2FA is not mandatory.
eToro is a decent option for traders and investors looking for access to popular crypto options on a simple user interface. Additionally, it offers the CopyTrader program, which allows users to copy the investments of popular traders. But the platform is even more useful now that it’s added U.S. support for stock and ETF trading.
eToro gives you options to limit your risk and learn from other traders as you develop your trading strategy. Overall, eToro is an excellent option for investors looking to trade crypto but do not want to take direct custody of their currencies. The app offers a fun way to share your trading ideas with other members and learn about trading crypto from other traders.